Home Website Youtube GitHub

FBX Export / Game Tools

@hoover900 oh sorry, the beta only include the windows compiled solvers. You can copy the platforms folder from old mgear to the beta. That should fix the issue (I guess :stuck_out_tongue: )

@Miquel, no worries man. I’ve yet to try to build the solvers on OS X. I’ll get scons and what nots setup on the mac as well as write up a guide.

k on to the testing bit. Even without using the uniform joints or disconnecting the bind rig from the control rig the scales are exporting one to one to FBX. I did have maya crash abruptly when poking at the game tools window like it did in Miquel’s above video. Other than that what little I poked at seems to be working as expected. I’ll continue testing and post any issues I find to the forum.

I wonder if this crash in related to Maya or the windows. At less in Maya 2018.2 I have lots of crash just creating a new scene.

So that means that to shearing issues with scale are fix?

I’ve yet to have maya crash when creating a new scene. Most of my crashes come from the timeline editor or the pose editor.

As for the shearing issue I’m no longer getting it when nonuniformally scaling. I used the rig I sent you as my test case. Updated the guide and rebuilt the rig and all looks to be good. Thanks man.

1 Like

@hoover900 I am happy to hear that! :slight_smile:

Cool, it is so nice to see there are some changes for game export stuff. I’ll be testing out the beta as soon as I find some free time!

Still can’t get my baked animation into unreal.
Getting the animation to export but I have one error as seen below.

I tried the Shifter game tools which works for exporting the mesh but how can that be used for an animation export?

This is what I get after importing with Game Tools.

Guys I really need a way to get my animation into unreal. nothing is working. tried fbx, maya game exporter and other recommendations in mgear forums. Nothing has worked.

@Ross_Daniel can you send me PM with a link to the data to check?

I will try my best to help. But maybe take some days since I am really busy. Sorry.

https://we.tl/t-cPZSMPUCNR

Hi @Ross_Daniel,

is the face the part that is exploding?

No everything. Ignore the name. It’s the whole in the file.

Sorry to resurrect an old Thread. I came across the same issue. when i was noticing some wonky inconsistencies with my Maya files Vs the FBX files that contained the animation exported out of those Maya files.

Correct me if i’m wrong here BUT when the “None Uniform scaling” on a rig is not checked regardless of what you do with your rig it will not input any Shear values on your joints :

(This is just a screen grab on a hand joint that’s attached to an Epic_Arm_01)

where as if you generate your rig with the “none Uniform Scaling” off it will start messing with the Shear values.
(same Arm that’s been stretch out with none uniform scaling turned off)

the FBX exporter DOES NOT export Shear values.

I don’t think ANY game engine supports shearing like that.

Although it would be nice to be able to use the Squash component in game rigs but then i guess you wonderful folks will have to write one that squashes and stretches’ without using Shear

Cheers all.

3 Likes

Hello everyone!
I think I need to explain my problem here,
I have an issue that I never had before adding RBF’s to my rig,
Importing and connecting in Shifter Game Tools no longer connects my rig to my joints.
I also have the rig node and the model node twice in the scene.
With another asset everything works fine, and it was working fine before I did the rbf’s on this character. Since the creation of the rbf it doesn’t work anymore.
So I rebuild my guide without the custom step of the RBF import, then I disconnect and export, and I run the custom step of the RBF in a new scene.
It works perfectly, I don’t have the rig and the mode twice now, but there is still this problem of disconnect and export with the RBF that doesn’t work anymore.
See if it can be due to the way of disconnect in the tool ? Or maybe it’s because I used the tool wrong ?
@Miquel

do you get any error log?