Home Website Youtube GitHub

Mac install isues

Hello, I’m desperately trying to find some assistance installing on a Mac workstation. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

what all about the installation are you having trouble with?

There is no documentation on how to install for Mac, Just cant figure it out. I’ve been able to successfully install other plugins not sure why I cant figure this one out.

Hi @Nathan_Sam

should be the same way you do it in windows.

Maybe this is the most simple installation method:

I am sorry but I can’t help you more, since I don’t use Mac.

Maybe some one in the forum with Mac can help?

@Nathan_Sam the install is very much the same as the video Miquel posted here.

mGear is using the module system, so all you need to do is place a mod file in your Maya user folder that points to where your mGear files live. (~/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2018/modules).

Step 1
Download mGear from Gumroad. To make things simple, grab the prebuilt binaries from Gumroad.

Step 2.
Extract the downloaded files to your desktop.

Step 3
Modify the contents of the MOD file to point to your desktop like so. Make sure that you modify the line with the version of Maya that you’re currently using.

+ MAYAVERSION:2018 PLATFORM:mac   mGear 2.5 ~/Desktop/mgear_2.5.24/platforms/2018/osx/x64
scripts: ../../../../scripts

Step 4
Copy the MOD file to the Maya modules folder. You may need to create the modules folder.
~/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2018/modules

Step 5
Start Maya

I hope this helps you out man

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation @hoover900 :slight_smile:

Thanks Guys! Ended up having to brute force install it, not sure why it wasn’t working. Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like