Home Website Youtube GitHub

RBF Manager not Mirroring Correctly

Hey Guys, hope you are doing well.

I am relatively new to mGear and rigging for a student film.
I have finished the RBF manager for the left side of the lowerShirt and would like to mirror it across but whenever I do I always seem to get an RBF decomposition failed error and the mirror doesn’t work.
I checked the naming conventions and there don’t seem to be any issues from what I can see.
Also some (Like 1 or 2) of the values of the poses for the mirror seem to be completely incorrect.

Sorry,I can only send 1 image as of now because I am a new user :laughing:

Also the driven nodes seem to disappear when you seem to have more than a certain amount. I saw this brought up in a previous Topic but it didn’t seem to have a fix.

Hope there are some workarounds or fixes for this? :sweat_smile:
Thank you for your time.

Maya 2022.3
mGear version: 4.0.9

Just tested out what might be the problem and it seems that the problem was that the driver was the joint and the control was the controller, so I tried making the controller as the driver and control and it seemed to work. Will test some more to see.

For error messages, it’s better to copy/paste the text into the forum, rather than a screenshot. Then you can surround the error with triple backticks ``` and it will format as code.

Then it’s easier for people to read and help, and copy and search the text.

By the way, there is a similar thread where that not supported between instances of 'RBFNode' and 'RBFNode' error has happened. I don’t know if that is related, or the source of your problem. Maybe you already solved it.

2 Likes