Home Website Youtube GitHub

3jnt leg divisions

Hi! When I set 3jnt leg component divisions to 1 1 1, I still have minimum 2 bones in each segment of the leg. Now I’ll cry out loud from the hearts of, I sure, many people :slight_smile: - we REALLY need a possibility to set 1 bone per segment - it’s necessary for optimization in game engines as Unity and Unreal, especially if its mobile game with lowpoly models. Now when we have great 2bones 2jnt arm and leg, please, PLEASE make our life easier one more time with fixing this 3jnt leg component! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the meantime, with a quick test, it seems you can just reparent the hierarchy using just those 4 bones you want (3 + the end joint) And then delete the extra joints. The rig seems to operate just fine without them.

(Except the roundness attributes will no longer do what you expect them to.)

1 Like

Thanks Chris! I’ll try this workaround

To make the leg_3jnt_01 module build with 0 joint divisions edit it’s settingsUI.py.
Change the 3 lines for the divX.spinBox.setMinimum to be 0.

self.div0_spinBox.setMinimum(0)

repeat for div1, and div2.

Note: when editing component py files you’ll need to restart Maya for the change to register.

I tired the above mentioned fix.
Setting the “self.div0_spinBox.setMinimum(0)”

allows the spinner to go to Zero, but the leg still gets generated with the extra joints. unless i did something wrong :frowning:

It would be really amazing if I could get this working. I also am having trouble trying to get this to work.