Home Website Youtube GitHub

3Leg Component rotation issue

Hello!
I’m having an issue with the 3leg component. Whenever I want to move the FK root it doesn’t rotate from the root but the knee joint, on top of that the foot behaves very weirdly as if it’s not following. When in IK everything is fine and seems to be working as intended.
This model is just copy of the real one, I am not allowed to share the proper model but it behaves almost exactly the same as the original mesh.
I would be glad for any help I could get. leg issue

It’s the twist joint.

You have a leg in isolation. But imagine it was connected to the hips of a character. The upper twist joint stays oriented to the hips so the leg skinning doesn’t rotate away from the hips.

If you need to rig a leg by itself, you will have to find a way to detach or drive the twist via the upper leg control.

I don’t know the best thread for a suggestion, but I think someone had a similar problem and had a fix for it. If you search the forum for “twist joint” you might find something. Or you can just break the rotation connections on the joints and connect them however you want.

Thank you for the reply, but I don’t actually have any twist joints in this. I changed the component to have no subdivisions since it’s what I need for these rigs. I am trying to find a way to deconnect and connect the FK and Skin joints to add that rotation on the skin joint but the node editor just confused me.

Can’t help with that. :slight_smile:

Keep it simple. Do you need IK too? If you just need FK, just break the connections on the final skin joint, and use a parent constraint from the FK control.

If you need IK too, you’ll have to find the node that drives the joint in IK, and add a parent constraint blend between the FK and IK.

2 Likes

Perfect! Thank you Chris, that might do it