Home Website Youtube GitHub

Add custom controls to select all ( right click menu )

Hey there,

I am new to mgear, but I grew to love it an the way one can automate and extend it a lot over the last few days.
I am using mGear combined with some parts of hand built custom rigging / controllers built by hand. Can I add these controllers to the ‘select all’ and ‘select children’ of the right-click menu?
I found that I can implement tagging them as controls for mirroring and resetting by adding the is ctl attr, but it seems like this does not add them to the list of controls that get selected with the right-click menu function.

It would be awesome if you could point me in the right direction :slight_smile:
Best,
Chris

Hello @Chris_NtBerg

Beware that if you want your custom control to get selected on the Select all thingy you need to add your control into the rig’s selection set rig_controllers_grp

Let me know if this works for you.

Perfect! Thanks Jerome, that works.
It does however only work for “Select All” and not for “Select Child Controls” / “Key all below”. Is there a difference between them?

Yes that makes sens because the Key All bellow or child controls need to be set with the Maya’s controller node as it is used on other mGear’s controls. This is what allows the menu to find relationship between rig controls. It is definitely not the most complete way of setting relationships but it is the one we are using for things like the pick-walking on rig controls.

2 Likes

Perfect, I’ll just put this in my ‘general’ post steps! Thank you so much for the quick and detailed response @Jerome