Home Website Youtube GitHub

Adding chain to Biped Template forearm

Hello! I am very new to mGear and to rigging in general so I’m using the biped template for my character and modifying it to suit my needs.

What I am trying to do here is to add the component chain_01 in the component arm_R0_elbow so that my chain will follow the forearm of my character as its suposed to be a controller for its shirt.

This doesn’t result in what I expected when I build my rig. Instead of following the arm_R0_fk1_ctl controller the chain follows arm_R0_ctrn_loc and unfortunately I didn’t find a way to make it do what I want.

Could somebody help me?

Welcome @Gazielle,

My knowledge might be out of date, but I don’t think there is any way to do this in the guide. You would have to handle this in a POST Python script.

Miquel mentioned it was a feature that is planned, but there might not be any schedule for this: Component and Parent joint index

The way I do it is by using the parent joint index so the joint is parented, and then using a Python script to constrain the controller to the arm.

1 Like

Thank you @chrislesage for your quick answer. I was able to do what I wanted using the method you suggested so again thank you very much!

1 Like