Home Website Youtube GitHub

Adding PoseDriver manager

Hi there,
I am currently working on adding a feature to mimic the behavior of the PoseDirver in UnrealEngine using an existing RBF Manager, thanks to Rafael.

• Added the ability to assemble a series of nodes by specifying the source and driven objects
  • Use of swing and twist decomposition of rotation as input for the weightDriver.
  • Use of parentOffsetMatrix as input for the driven node.
  • Added the feature to export poses as FBX for use as a PoseAsset in UnrealEngine.

Added dependencies:

I am still in the midst of developing some additional features, but I would appreciate any feedback you may have.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi @yamahigashi
This is great! Thanks for sharing it! :smiley:

I was thinking to add also support to the MayaUERBFPlugin, but not sure when I will do that, not even ticket yet :stuck_out_tongue:

The one used here https://github.com/chrisevans3d/poseWrangler and in metahumans

Hi @Miquel, Great to hear that! I should just have googled before I started :rofl: I may separate the repository, but I’ll continue to commit. :wink:

1 Like

@yamahigashi Just let you know that I am not adding/supporting more 3rd party nodes to mGear, so if you send a PR for posedriver_io.py we should have a logic to detect if the user has the solver installed. :sweat_smile:

I hope you understand, the maintenance of so many C++ nodes has become very difficult.
I have a ticket about the topic here: