Home Website Youtube GitHub

Animation picker ability to hide/show controllers

Hello,

I have a question about New Anim Picker. Is it possible to hide and show controllers?
For example when arm in in IK mode hide all FK controls and another way around.
I know that in the view port it is working, however in the picker both sets are shown and it is confusing at times.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s possible at the moment, except doing difficult things like modifying the entire contents of the Picker.picker_datas attribute.

That actually sounds like a very cool feature request! It might be a bit hard to manage/design. Maybe you would need some kind of way to group buttons, or layer them, and then modify the visibility of the group/layer.

Idea: The layer attributes could be stored as attributes directly on the Picker node, so you could directly connect them to things like your IK/FK attribute, or animate them in any custom way you choose.

In this mockup image, I just grouped the entire arm. But then what you could do is have a layer for IK Right Arm and FK Right Arm. Whatever grouping makes sense for you.

1 Like

you could use the same principle i talk about in this post for changing button colors i think

2 Likes

Taking notes here :wink:

2 Likes