Home Website Youtube GitHub

Animpicker relative path?

Hi everybody!

I have some people asking me why the animpicker is not showing any background images.
I checked the file and It seems like animpicker images are set to absolute path:

can it be set to relative to the project set, so it will load for everyone using it?

Cheers.

1 Like

Hey @Milio

Is the path shown not one accessible to everyone on the network?

Further to your point tho, we only have a basic implementation of images and pathing thus far. So everything does get baked down to an absolute path. We haven’t really discussed any options for handling that differently.

If you, or anyone, have any suggestions on how we could go about this lets talk!

1 Like

There is an environment variable for anim_picker to set relative paths: ANIM_PICKER_PATH

should be used as a token in the path: [ANIM_PICKER_PATH]/your_picker_folder/your_picker.pkr

But you need to set it manually in de node :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thank you Rafael!

It is mostly for people who downloaded the rig place it locally and therefore having a different path.
I guess, for this sort of rig distribution, where every single user can potentially have a different location, a setup like source images will be ideal: just relative to the project set. People can edit the animpicker file in Maya and save it, or also use notepad++ for setting the correct path for the backgrounds, but I think pretty much nobody will ever do that.

Cheers.

ohhhh! That will do! I’ll give it a go after work.
thank you @Miquel!!!

Even in my current productions, we’re cross-platform. I’m on Mac, and most of my animators are on Windows.

What could be interesting is if we could embed the image pixel information directly in the picker node in the scene. (As an option.) Not sure if that is feasible or desirable.

1 Like