Home Website Youtube GitHub

Biped with less fingers + mocap

Hi, I’m new to mGear. I am trying to build a rig from the biped template with mocap option available, however, the character I am rigging has less than the standard amount of fingers.

I have tried deleting the fingers as shown (example above: left) and the rig seems to build fine, however, it seems to cause issues with the HIK mocap (example above: right, HIK selected). As such, I don’t know how much future issues this would cause for other tools, such as the pickers etc. It also builds with all the meta joints which I don’t really need.

With the rig created from this setup, the Mocap Skeleton Biped is imported and characterized, however, this error shows up at the end and, as seen above, the controllers are not properly connected to the HIK.

File “”, line 3, in

File “C:\Users\User\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\mocap_tools.py”, line 209, in characterizeBiped

oB = pm.PyNode(b)

File “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\general.py”, line 2531, in new

raise _objectError(name)

pymel.core.general.MayaNodeError: Maya Node does not exist (or is not unique):: ‘finger_L1_fk0_ctl’

Please advise. Is there a better way I can build this that caters to these requirements? There may be future characters I plan to create with the same setup, so I’m curious what the best way to approach this would be.