Home Website Youtube GitHub

Bones being created offset from guides

I’ve noticed recently that when re-building a rig, the position of the bones created are slightly offset from some of the guides. Is there are reason this is happening or a way to fix it ?

Seems to just be happening on the arm (shoulder) & leg (hip) root joints for some reason.

Apologies if this has been raised elsewhere, I did a search but came up with nothing.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Can I know the component names? the components using splineroll solver will have a little offtset, but the offset in the image looks very big

Thanks Miquel :slight_smile:

It is the arm_2jnt_01 & leg_2jnt_01.

It wouldn’t be a massive problem but I’m using a separate game skeleton & constraining it to the mgear rig, so the offset’s gonna cause issues.

Just to add to this, I’ve checked on the sample game biped & these offsets don’t appear ( there is a slight offset on the shoulder but it’s much more minor). So I’m assuming it’s something in my component setup? Is there any gothyas to be aware of, or a way to debug where I’ve gone wrong perhaps?

It’s happening on the upper arm, elbow, wrist, hip and knee joints. Every other placement is fine.