Home Website Youtube GitHub

Control Attributes all showing in world control

Is there a setting I’m missing here or something im not understanding, having a long list of controls if fine for test but its disconcerting that i cant ik/fk a single arm without re-noding the entire arm. a more general arm controls on the wrist approach would be preferable for example, if anyone can lead me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

You have to make (or choose) a controller of your choice. control_01 is a good option. Then you have to set your arm guide to use that control as the uiHost. That’s where the attributes get placed.

I suggest building an mGear biped template and taking a look at how it is handled in that file.

Bonus tip: “on the wrist” - Putting IK/FK switch directly on the limb itself (or parented underneath the limb) slows down the rig. If you put the leg and arm’s attributes on a control that is parented outside of the limb, you’ll probably gain 10 to 15 FPS in speed. It’s a bit less convenient for the animators, but I think they’ll appreciate the extra speed.

1 Like

is there a way to do this after the fact?
like after skinning and what not?

you can use the Channel wrangler tool. is under Rigbits menu

1 Like

oh nice that helps a ton, is there a way to separate the fused channels thou?
ie: both arms are controlled by the same IK blend channel

Oh! sorry that will be not possible with the tool

In an ideal world, Shifter rigs are meant to be deleted and rebuilt. The cleanest solution would be to delete the rig, adjust the guide, and rebuild the rig.

You can store your skinning in a skinPack file, and load it again when you build.

If you did a bunch of other rigging stuff afterwards, then it might be more difficult.

thanks alot btw, youve helped a ton.

actully is there a work load to clear the mgear to open it in maya with out the solvers?