Controller creation has been a bit confusing to me and I thought it appropriate to get some clarity or offer feedback regarding how they operate.
- Replace Shape in Rigbits maintains the color of the new shape, not the old shape, so you cannot quickly replace shapes on both Left and Right sides without losing color information.
- Extracted controls are not mirrored when using Duplicate Sym, even if no extracted shape exists for the mirrored side.
- Extracted controls can never receive color information from the root nodes, even if Override Color is turned on.
- Z-Up projects have shapes generate as though they are Y-Up, forcing manual correction of any new control_01, etc. This requires Extract Shape and leads to the other issues listed above.
- Color Settings in guide roots always shows left-side colors even when other Sides are selected (Quality of life feature, have the colors update to match the guide node color settings based on the Side selected?)
I’m not sure if there are built-in solutions to prevent extracted controls from completely overriding guide information or if these things will all require manual intervention. Some of this seems like a solution for the “Custom Controllers Group” field, but I’m not sure what that field actually does as there is no documentation on it. It seems currently only control_01 roots allow Control Shape selection, and I can’t find a way to add custom shapes to that list either.