Home Website Youtube GitHub

Controls disappear

Hi Miquel

From someone with no mGear experience. My rig’s animation controls disappear when scrubbing in the timeline, or when I push the play button to preview the animation. If I add my own curve via Maya, it is always visible as expected. Viewport 2 in Maya 2017 and 2018. They are visible in the legacy views. Is there a simple solution to this?

This is an option from the new Maya controller tag.
You can turn on/off from here:

for more info search in Maya documentaion for “control tag”

cheers,
Miquel

1 Like

Would I need to create a Post step for it or is there an simple way to disable this option?

It is very painful not to be able to see the controls when working on animation cycles.

Cheers

and actually, the rig group is already with the “Hide on playback” option off by default and the world_ctl doesn’t allow me to untick the option.

Any idea how I could get my controls visible on playback then?

Cheers

mGear_invisible_ctrls

In the channel box, not the attribute editor.

2 Likes

Is this something only available in newer versions of mGear?

here is what I get in mGear 4.03. I can’t find an option to toggle the Ctl’s visibility or do I need to do something special to get this feature ?

Thanks

Sorry, my screenshot is misleading. Miquel’s is correct. It’s found on the top “rig” group.

I remapped mine on to the top world_ctl with a script.

Oh, I see, thanks Chris, it is in the Channel Editor and not in the Attribute Editor and it has to be set to Off for the controls to be … on :slight_smile: I would have done the opposite.

Do any animators want the controls not to be visible? I guess I will have to do a Post operation to get rid of it.

Most animators I know use a hotkey the Alt + 1 hotkey when they want to hide the Nurbs controls in Maya 2020 and up or their own scripts in older version.

1 Like