Home Website Youtube GitHub

EPIC_leg_01 (Right) is broken

Hello ladies and gents,

I’m on Maya 2020 and I tested this both on mGear 4.03 and 4.07 with the same results.

When you create and Epic_leg_01 and set it to be the RIGHT leg. the first joint in the chain (leg_R0_thigh_jnt) does not orient correctly when using the “leg_R0_mid_ctl”

Below is an example demonstrating the issue. I position and orientation constrained boxes to the “leg_R0_thigh_jnt” joint for easier viewing of the issue.

Green = Right Leg
Yellow = Center Leg
Blue = Left Leg

EpicRighLegBroken

Is there any easy way to fix this?
(i’m sorry if this is a duplicate i looked around the forums for a bit and didn’t find a solution for this)

Thanks again!

Hello @Hobbz thanks for the feedback.
I will check and fix it ASAP

1 Like

just for my own info.
How does this kind of stuff get fixed? will this go in into the next version?
Or is there a way to get the fix before that? by just updating a few files on my end? (once its fixed of course)

Sorry if i sound like a newbie, i have no clue how this works :frowning:

it will go in the next version, but you always can download the working repository and use it directly :wink:

Oh i didn’t know you could do that! thats awesome!

How would i go about doing that?

Ok well actually i followed the notes in the bug report and made the exact same change you did in my local files and it works. so i’m guessing that’s one way of going about it. But i would still love to know how to get the “working” version!

Thanks again

1 Like

You would go to https://github.com/mgear-dev/mgear4 and in the top right corner, there is “Code”, and when you drop that down, you see “Download Zip”. Or you can “clone” the git repository directly, using git in your command line.

Since you said you’re a newbie, it comes with this warning: Please be careful, and always backup first.

2 Likes