Home Website Youtube GitHub

EPIC_Spine Mirror/Flip Not working

Hello again,

First off I’d like to say a big thank you to all of you guys that are doing this. you work is amazing. i get the feeling I’ve been posting nothing but “Oh this is broken” posts the last few days when in reality the overall tool set is amazing. so keep up the kick ass work!!

That being said, the Flip/Mirror Function on the EPIC Spine is broken when you try to do it on the First or Last Controller. (mGear 4.03) The .gif is below :

(it does work on the other types of spines just not on the EPIC ones)

It does not work on these controllers on the spine :
spine_C0_fk3_ctl
spine_C0_pelvis_ctl!
body_C0_ctl

Hmm, seems to be because of these attributes on the control:

If you check them, the same as they are checked on the lower ones, then it does flip and mirror.

I’m not familiar enough with those attributes to know if that is just how you specify what flips? I guess so.

I wonder if this should be considered a bug with the component. ie. Is there any reason those attributes shouldn’t be checked? Maybe it’s an index error and it skips the last one. Not sure yet.

yes that is to configure how to flip to the other side. For example if you configure it on the L side will apply to the R
Usually both sides should have same configuration so it can mirror/flip in both directions

I’m sorry if this sound extra dumb… but how do you access that menu? to see those attributes?

When creating the guide all i have is this :

Thanks.

Never mind i found them! THANK YOU!!

2 Likes