Home Website Youtube GitHub

EPIC spine / Twist problem

Hello dear riggers

mGear 4.2.0.
Maya 2022

In the link video
I demonstrated the problem I have with the twist spine spine_C0_spine_01_Jnt (unfortunately, the video expires in two days)
I also tested with Game Biped Template I-up, which had the same problem.

Has anyone had the same problem and had a solution?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Please, my character has to fly, but it can’t… I don’t have that much experience with rigging, so I don’t know where to go to fix it :\

Thanks in advance

the video expired, so I reposted the link video

I don’t know if it’s dependent on mGear 4.2.0 or just a general bug with the component you are using.

For now, I can just offer you a quick possible workaround solution. It’s just the one joint? Break the connection on the node that is flipping, and just constrain it to something stable, like a COG or body control.

What up?

@chrislesage, thanks a lot for the advice!
On my way to reconnecting that jnt as you suggested, I accidentally came across motionPath1 and turned off the follow, then turned it back on, which solved the problem!
I repeated the process to ensure it was up to it, and yes, it miraculously worked.

I-up is, unfortunately, a typo; it should be Y-up :
Game Biped Template Y-up

1 Like

Well that is weird that toggling it fixed it. It might break again when you load a scene.

Sometimes (sometimes) when there is something at the limit of a curve or surface, it helps to move it a little bit away from the edge. So you could also try changing the U Value from 0.000 to 0.001 or something. It might also help. (But that’s also a weird fix, and not consistent.)

Yes, definitely not an elegant solution, but for now it works when the scene is reflashed, referenced or imported!
I tried changing the U Value, it doesn’t solve the problem.

1 Like