Home Website Youtube GitHub

Error after build

Forgive me but I’m just trying out mgear.
I keep getting this error after I build the biped guide:

// Error: root : Uncaught exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\jodana\Downloads\ROSS\RIGS_SCRIPTS\2.SCRIPTS\mgear_3.0.3\scripts\mgear\shifter\guide_manager.py”, line 62, in build_from_selection
rg.buildFromSelection()
File “C:\Users\jodana\Downloads\ROSS\RIGS_SCRIPTS\2.SCRIPTS\mgear_3.0.3\scripts\mgear\shifter_init_.py”, line 184, in buildFromSelection
self.build()
File “C:\Users\jodana\Downloads\ROSS\RIGS_SCRIPTS\2.SCRIPTS\mgear_3.0.3\scripts\mgear\shifter_init_.py”, line 210, in build
self.processComponents()
File “C:\Users\jodana\Downloads\ROSS\RIGS_SCRIPTS\2.SCRIPTS\mgear_3.0.3\scripts\mgear\shifter_init_.py”, line 388, in processComponents
comp.stepMethodsi
File “C:\Users\jodana\Downloads\ROSS\RIGS_SCRIPTS\2.SCRIPTS\mgear_3.0.3\scripts\mgear\shifter\component_init_.py”, line 138, in step_02
self.addOperators()
File “C:/Users/jodana/Downloads/ROSS/RIGS_SCRIPTS/2.SCRIPTS/mgear_3.0.3/scripts/mgear/shifter_classic_components\leg_2jnt_01_init_.py”, line 602, in addOperators
self.tws2_loc.setAttr(“sx”, .001)
File “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2019\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\nodetypes.py”, line 567, in setAttr
return general.setAttr("%s.%s" % (self, attr), *args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2019\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\general.py”, line 573, in setAttr
cmds.setAttr(attr, *args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2019\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\internal\pmcmds.py”, line 134, in setAttr_wrapped
res = new_cmd(*new_args, **new_kwargs)
RuntimeError: setAttr: The attribute ‘leg_L0_tws2_loc.scaleX’ is locked or connected and cannot be modified.

Hi @Ross_Daniel

is this the default biped template ?

I can reproduce the error.

Can you try to comment out the line 601 and 602 from this file: C:/Users/jodana/Downloads/ROSS/RIGS_SCRIPTS/2.SCRIPTS/mgear_3.0.3/scripts/mgear/shifter_classic_components\leg_2jnt_01_init_.py

like the image:

I deleted my preferences and installed from scratch. Everything seems to work now.

I used to get the same error only in Maya 2018 and the rest of my team didn’t. I’m not sure what hot key I pressed, but deleting my preferences fixed the problem as well.