Home Website Youtube GitHub

Error with using the the rig in another computer

Hi,
i have 1 problem using this awesome autorig which is that i cant use it at another computer.When you send the biped autorig to another computer some of the parts are broken.Is anyone having this problem?

1 Like

hello @genetic79

To open the default mGear rig you need at less the mgear_solvers.mll plugin load in the machine

Hi Miguel. First, thanks for mGear. My question is related to this. Is it possible to use mGear without the custom plugin? I mean, is there some option to create a rig with vanilla maya nodes even if that impacts performance? Cheers

There are custom IK solvers in the system, you could add code or by hand replace the spine and IK solvers for Maya ones if you had to share with a system that didn’t have installed.
If it is for rendering, cache or bake to FBX/ Bake the joint system down and save that off to share to render farm.

1 Like

@craGatoSalvaje The default components in shifter all use custom solvers. But you can create your own components using only maya vanilla nodes.

I have a couple of components that only use maya vanilla nodes. I did it for a project in the past but never included in the final release because they are buggy and never take the time to clean it
WARNING this components are not updated and provably dont work with the latest mGear version

Vanilla chain:

Vanilla Limb:

2 Likes

Thanks. I do not have the need for using only default maya nodes but It is nice to have the possibility just in case. Cheers and keep up the good work!

1 Like