Home Website Youtube GitHub

Extract controls IK/FK

Hi mGear Community!

I’m an Animator who is learning mGear and rigging by myself, so I have little to no experience in the field but to rage when the rig is updated.

I’ve been searching a lot about this problem and can’t find a solution to extract the shapes and information of some controls. The problem is that mGear doesn’t save the information of FK when extracting IK or vice-versa. Is there a way to extract the IK shapes when is FK on and vice-versa?

Cheers!

Hi welcome,

It doesn’t have anything to do with IK or FK. It is just based on what you have selected. So you would have to switch to IK, extract those. Switch to FK, extract those.

Or if you want, you could select ALL your controls by using the selection set. “RigName_controllers_grp”.

screenshot_2023-03-23_12-49-59

Or in the little menu at the top of Maya, you can set the field to “Select by name”, and type arm*_ctl to select all arm controls, for example. (That depends on how you named your rig. Plus it won’t select finger, thumb, meta, or shoulder controls. So don’t forget to do those ones too.)

Then when you run the extract command, it will extract them all, even if they aren’t currently visible.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Chris!

It worked with selecting all controls using the selection set!

1 Like