Home Website Youtube GitHub

Extracted control color lost

Hi, I am using Mgear 4.0.9

After I have replaced the shape of a control and extracted them. When I do a rebuild of the rig the shape is there and correct. But instead of having the color that is specified for the component, example (FK controls on the left), it just has the base basic Maya color of a curve.

I see as a work around I am able to go into the shape manually to what it should be. This does take a lot of time though.

This is intentional. It lets you copy shapes from different areas of the rig. But for example, if you copy a left control over to the right side, you wouldn’t want it to remember its left color.

But of course you want to be able to edit colors. These are the workarounds I know and use:

1. Write a post script to color them as you want them. There’s no need to do it manually.
  2. Use RGB colors. When you extract a control icon with RGB override colors, Shifter doesn’t override that color.

Thank you, I will do those things. :slight_smile:

It would be nice if the colors you picked in the guide settings applied to the extracted controls. But I understand if you rather don’t want that to happen for certain reasons.

Have a good day, hanks again for the help/ clarification.