Home Website Youtube GitHub

Find recursive in [ ] , The guide doesn't seem to be up to date

Hi all. I’m plagued by this error at the moment and I’m not sure what’s causing it. I’m simply hooking up extra control_01 components and meta_01 components to the biped guide’s neck root but for some reason it cause the build to fail when I do that. What does the check actually look for?

Find recursive in  [ 0:00:02.721000 ]
The guide doesn't seem to be up to date.Check logged messages and update the guide.
Guide loaded from hierarchy in  [ 0:00:02.725000 ]

If I try to update the guides it just errors with:

Find recursive in  [ 0:00:02.701000 ]
The guide doesn't seem to be up to date.Check logged messages and update the guide.
Guide loaded from hierarchy in  [ 0:00:02.705000 ]
# Error: IndexError: file C:\Users\stryke\Documents\maya\modules\mgear_2.6.1\scripts\mgear\maya\shifter       \component\meta_01\guide.py line 51: list index out of range #

Hi @slegrand

I guess the guide have an object with a wrong name. Can you check if all the elements on that component are named correctly.

if is not that, can you send me the guide in a PM? I will check it ASAP
Cheers,
Miquel

Thanks a lot for the prompt response! I removed those extra chains and recreated them and it worked, so yes I think you are right I must mistakenly broken the naming.

I wonder if it would be helpful to change this error message to say that it could also be a badly named guide. “Guide not up to date” is not as descriptive of the solution as “Guides are not up to date or are named incorrectly”.

Hi @slegrand

Glad to hear it is fixed. and thanks for the advice. I will take it in account about the message logging :slight_smile:

1 Like