Home Website Youtube GitHub

FK/IK Blend channel doesn't work on Right Arm

Hi,

I have a rig that I already customized a bit and I’m just realizing that the FK/IK blend on the armUI_RO_ctl doesn’t work, in the sense that it doesn’t hide the FK controls and show the FK controls.
The controls are there if I select them from the outliner, but they seem to be disconnected from the switch.

The blend works fine on the other arm.

Is there an easy way to fix this without rebuilding the rig?

Thanks!
-Manu

Hi there,

Unfortunately there’s no way to tell unless you know what went wrong, or how it went wrong.

One thing you can do is go back to your guide, save it as a new scene, and try rebuilding. Is it still broken right after building? Did you notice any errors while buildig? Then we can figure it out from there, and you don’t lose any of your customizations.

A) If it’s broken after building, it might be something in your guide, or it might be a bug in your version of mGear/Maya. If this is the problem, then you can possibly share the guide for someone to check.

B) If it’s not broken after building, then it’s possible that something went wrong during your customizations, and you’ll now have a clean build that you can compare to, to attempt to fix the customized version. It might be as easy as fixing a lost connection.

If you do that and still need help, report back with your mGear and Maya versions.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll try that.

If when I rebuild it works, what editor do you recommend using to compare the connections and see what’s different? Should I use the Hypergraph with up and downstream connections or is there something more intuitive?

Much appreciated,
Manu

…I don’t think I’ve opened the Hypergraph since 2006. :slight_smile:

The Node Editor is probably your best tool. The channel box too.

2 Likes

LOL thanks, I guess that dates me!
I used to do a little bit of rigging around mid 2000 but haven’t been rigging since!

1 Like