Home Website Youtube GitHub

Head not moving properly

Hello! When I rotate my spine, my head is not moving accordingly, do you have any idea of what could I do? Thanks!!!

head_not_moving_properly

Hello @Diego_Moya

• Do you have DQ skinning on your asset and are using somehow scaling?
  • Did you check the head skinning of the asset?

If so and everything seems okay can you provide more information about what Maya version you are using or maybe your rig file?

Cheers

Hello @Jerome thanks for your answer. I have heatmap skinning, I’m newbie in this so I don’t really know what should I check in the skinning of the head to fix this.

I’m using maya 2018 version, I don’t know if I can upload directly with the forum so I uploaded my file here:
Rigging download

Thanks!!!

Hello @Diego_Moya

I checked the file. I think that somehow a slight issue was created when skinning your asset but basically you have some big part of the head joints weighting set on the foot_L0_1_jnt. Lock all your influences, excepts the head joint and that one, select the head vertices and do a replace of 1.0 into your head joint. That will fix your issue but you need to check the rest of the weighting just in case.

Hopes this helps you.

1 Like

@Jerome You solved my issue and now I know I should check the weights on all the joints for similar problems. Thanks!!!