Home Website Youtube GitHub

Head spaceswitch options don't appear in Viewport Menu

As title says, I’ve noticed that spaceswitch options for head (spine also) don’t appear in the right-click Viewport Menu. Not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but it feels like something which should be there, similar to limbs. Am I missing something in the setup, or this expected behavior?

Yep they should be there. Can you show your setup? A screenshot of the head and/or spine guide settings in the space switch portion.

Do you notice any warnings or errors while building? For instance, if the components you chose don’t exist, or have names that were changed.

Also what version of mGear, and what version of Maya?

Using mGear 4.0.22 in Maya 2024. The arrays are filled out in the head guide, and they do appear in the UI Host control. But they don’t show up in the right-click context menu

Ah right. Have you done “Select host” first? You have to select the host, rather than the control. In your screenshot you have the head selected.

Ideally, the space switch menu should really just look that up for you. I wonder if that’s an open feature request yet.

(But now I’m curious why it was working for you with the limbs.)

I did try selecting head host and it still does not populate on the viewport menu.

But also, the limbs do actually show the spaceswitch options even without selecting their host. Thats expected isn’t it? Lol

hmm, weird. But I tested in 4.0.9, so maybe that was changed by 4.0.22. Although I just tested in 4.1.0, and I can’t access the space switch from the arm controls. Even if I turn on proxy attributes (which I don’t recommend, because they make the Graph Editor really messy for animators.)

So I guess the next question is to make sure that all those guides you have listed in your array actually exist in your guide, and do not have clashing names.

And no warnings or errors when you build? You didn’t mention that. Missing guides will show up as a warning, but it will keep building.

I don’t use the proxy attribute setting, and all the guide arrays are pointing to existing controls. There’s no errors upon build. I’m at a loss what’s going on if the head is indeed meant to have the spaces in its viewport menu. I also tried from a fresh scene with an unmodified Epic biped template, still no luck.

I’m going to grab the latest build since I’m several versions behind, see if that possibly changes anything

Welp, moving onto the latest 4.1.2 seems to have fixed that. Head options are appearing in the viewport menu now :smile:

1 Like