Home Website Youtube GitHub

How can I change the orientation of leg_L0_fk_ctl?

Hi! Can I orient my FK controller of my foot in a different way? Can I put it flat on the ground? And what does his orientation depend on?

Thanks!

Hi, it’s a bit tricky, because I think that FK control points down towards the front toe. You want the front toe to be at the very tip of the foot, so foot roll works, but this breaks the angle of the middle toe control.

1. You need to make sure your foot is straight from the ankle. Make sure foot_L0_1_loc and foot_L0_2_loc guides have no translateX value. If your foot is rotated in Y, rotate the ankle. Don’t translate the toes sideways. That will stop the skewed angle.
  2. To fix that downwards angle in rotateX, you might need to make a POST Python script. I thought I had one, but I can’t find it. I might just ignore it, since it’s fairly rare to animate the feet in FK.

Otherwise, you could clone the foot_bk_02 component (or whatever foot component you use), and make a custom component. And edit the Python from the component, so it always has a flat rotation neutral value.

2 Likes