Home Website Youtube GitHub

I created this rig using Mgear v4.0.9 / Maya 2022. Now when i open this file in Maya 2019 with Mgear v4.0.9 loaded, this happens. Frustration at peak, Any Solutions?

Load the guides in the lowest Maya you plan to use and rebuild it from guides. The rig built in 2019 will load in 2022.

Certain scenes and nodes in Maya are not backwards compatible. This is a very typical Maya situation.

1 Like

I have a gear that I made in maya 2023 mgear.
When I have the equipment ready, in Maya 2023 it works perfect. But if I open it in Maya 2019.1 I have the same problem.

But, I have a team that I download from here. And I opened it in maya 2019.1 and it works perfect. I don’t have pymel installed in maya 2019.1
What am I doing wrong?

thank you!

I don’t understand the problem.

It’s difficult to tell what worked and what didn’t, in your situation. But in general, it’s difficult to open newer files in older versions of Maya.

You need to plan your production to take that into account. It is best to agree on a version of Maya you will use. And build your rigs in the lowest version you will use.

1 Like

Hi!

My question is… why this model run perfectly in Maya 2019.1 ( without pymel ) and newer. I need undertand this

You don’t need Pymel to run a rig. Pymel is used as a scripting language to build the rigs and use the tools, like IK/FK switching.

To run an mGear rig, you need the mGear solver plug-ins installed.

If a rig you downloaded works in 2019, then it probably means it was built in 2019, 2018, or earlier version.

2 Likes