Home Website Youtube GitHub

[JOB] Technical Artist remote contract work

Hi Folks

Mayday is seeking a remote, freelance Technical Artist/Rigger, with Maya and Unreal Engine 4 experience, to help our team complete the tools for our rigging pipeline.

For the past few months I have been working with mGear and learning how to customize and integrate a pipeline for a core workflow between Maya and Unreal Engine 4. However, I am animation focused and we would like to find someone who has the technical skills to complete building the tools we need for the remainder of our pipeline.

About the job:
Looking for someone who has a strong background in developing games, building content pipelines and a firm understanding of production for game animation from rigging to in-engine.
The contractor will need to apply their experience and proven skills to help us develop a consistent set of rigging and pipeline tools that preferably, but not exclusively, will be based on the mGear Framework (Data-Centric Rigging) solution, and afterwords be used by the in-house Character Art Team to create the rigs for all the characters in the current project.

Requirements:

• Easily updatable rigs (Data Centric rigging)
  • Adaptable to multiple character body types
  • Maya to UE4 export tool
  • Share animations between characters
  • Character facial rigging
  • 2D anime-style eye rig
  • Prop rigging with blendshapes

Bonus:

• 2D eye rig blueprint setup in UE4
  • Prop and character animation sync blueprint setup in UE4

How to Apply
Please email our producer claire@mayday.nz with your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you have any questions feel free to message me or reply here.

1 Like