Home Website Youtube GitHub

Leg_3jnt_01 HELP

HI! How i can change division to “0”? Im really need it )
Maybe i can choose another component?
I need create leg for horse. Type “leg_3jnt_01” fits perfectly, but too many joints.
Thank YOU !!

The simplest way, is to just not skin your geo to those joints.

Or you can parent leg_C0_2_jnt to leg_C0_0_jnt and then delete leg_C0_1_jnt. Parent 4 to 2 and delete 3. Parent 6 to 4 and delete 5. The rig still seems to work without those joints.

Or if you are comfortable scripting, you could copy the leg_3jnt_01 component and make your own custom component that doesn’t build those joints.

2 Likes

Thank you, BRO! I thought about this method(The simplest way, is to just not skin your geo to those joints.). And if I remove the bones, the attributes (stretching, etc.) will not work

And if I remove the bones, the attributes (stretching, etc.) will not work

The rig and attributes continue to work even if you delete all of the bones. The effects are all on “leg_C0_div0_loc” and those other transforms. They drive the joints.

If you don’t skin the joints, or if you delete the joints, the end result will be identical. If you don’t skin the joints, you will lose the same amount of information from the stretching. Your skin might not be as nice. But the rig will still function.

1 Like

now the “complicated” way:
if you go to the shifter component folder of leg_3, you will find a settingsUi.ui file. open it in an editor and find “div0_spinbox”, “div1_spinbox”, “div2_spinbox”. they have a minimum value set to 1. you can change it to 0.
the same goes for the settingsUI.py.
after reloading everything you then can use zero divisions

2 Likes

This still creates joints inbetween, is there a way to either parent twist joints to one parent like in unreal skeleton system or disable their creation?