Home Website Youtube GitHub

Liprigger's sticky lips

Hey!
Consider adding interesting sticky feature settings to the Liprigger tool? I think this is a very effective setting for mouth animation performance!
I don’t know if you have found this setting, like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZFwVTJm1rw
amazing setting!
thanks!

1 Like

as an animator i double the request.
But as far as i understood, Miquel is working already to improve the facial rigging capabilities of this awesome set of tools!?

Hello,

For the moment I don’t have plans to update the tool. I do this controls but in a separated customStep outside the tool. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Miquel,
would you post your sticky lips solution here? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Or do you know a good one?

We’ve been using the sticky lips setup from the 3rd edition of the stop staring book. But it doesn’t allow for weight painting. Would be nice to have this ability.

Why not? It would be awesome,

On each of the 8 outer and inner lip controls (the circles), there is a parentConstraint that controls whether it follows the upper/lower lips, or the corner lips.

If you add an attribute to blend that constraint, you can get some cheap zipper sticky lips. It’s not quite perfect or accurate, but it can help, and it’s easy to set up, and it’s game-friendly too, since it only modifies the controllers, without adding any custom deformers.

cheapZipperLips

Then you can do the same thing to the corner lips and the upper and lower lips (the 4 squares), and you can make them stick together. Again this is a cheap inaccurate way. But simple to setup.

In this gif, I constrained the upper and lower mid lip controls to whatever parent controls the upper and lower lips follow. If you set them to the same value, they stick together. If set to 1.0, they follow the jaw. 0.0 and they don’t follow the jaw.

cheapZipperLips2

7 Likes