Home Website Youtube GitHub

Lips rigger and the piped

I tried the lips and rigger and there are some questions.

1. How do i get rid of the Controls comming from the piped?
    Or do i use both for animation?

2. Im not shure what the static rig parrent is.

3. How do i manage that i dont destroy everything i have done with the lips rigger if i rebuild the piped?

Regarding your third question, you can export your Lips/Eyes/Brow configuration and load it/build it after you rebuild the rig. That’s what we are doing in our studio: our rig builder class does something like this:

if body:
    mc.file(new=True, f=True)
    model = mc.file(self.asset.model, i=True)

guide_file = self.asset.guide
    sh.io.import_guide_template(guide_file)
    mc.select('guide')
    sh.guide_manager.build_from_selection()
    mc.delete('guide')

if face:
    face_build = face_builder(self.asset.name)
    face_build.build()

# assembling
    mc.parentConstraint('neck_C0_head_ctl', 'face_main_root')

if eyes:
    # load eyes
    try:
        for side in ['L', 'R']:
            eye.rig_from_file(self.asset.get_rig_source('eye_{}.eyes'.format(side), ''))
    except:
        pass

if skin:
    # skin
    core.skin.importSkinPack(self.asset.skin)

Body, eyes and skin are calling mGear. So you should could do the same thing for the lips, for example. That is one of the core ideas on mGear: build, test, destroy, adjust and again.

3 Likes

Thanks Iker in this case i have to contact a TD im just a Modeler.

You wouldn’t need to. As I mentioned, you can save your configuration in a file from Lips Rigger, export your skin, delete your rig, rebuild it from the guide, and then using Lips Rigger again using the configuration file you exported, and load the skin again. All of this can be done, as you know, from the mGear menu.

I just showed you how it could be handled in code, but you don’t need to go that route if you are not familiar with it.

3 Likes

Yes that would work for me. Recreating the lips and eyes on top doesnt take to much time.
Thanks.