Home Website Youtube GitHub

Meshes disappear

Hello there, recently discovered mgear and started using it but something weird happened today and im not sure how to fix it.

I have maya 2019 and mgear version 3.7.11 installed, I completed one rig succesfully like a month ago, posed it, got some renders out and today when I opened the files ( and I normally work w versions so I have several ) the rig is showing and the meshes are unhidden but cant see anything in the viewport.

i see the controls in the viewport and in the outliner everything is there but the meshes have somwhow disappeared. This is happening in all the files where the binding was already done.

im getting this at the start of the script editor

Error: line 1: RuntimeError: file line 1: Plug-in, “mgear_solvers”, was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH.

and then a lot of

// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node ‘mgear_curveCns1’; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node ‘mgear_curveCns2’; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node ‘mgear_curveCns3’; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node ‘mgear_curveCns6’; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node ‘mgear_curveCns7’; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node ‘mgear_curveCns8’; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node ‘mgear_curveCns9’; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node ‘mgear_curveCns10’; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node ‘mgear_curveCns11’; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node ‘mgear_curveCns12’; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node ‘mgear_curveCns13’; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node ‘mgear_curveCns14’; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node ‘mgear_curveCns15’; preserving node information during this session. //

and finally

// Warning: “multiplyDivide21”: basicExpression has encountered a divide by zero. Result is unpredictable. //
// Warning: “multiplyDivide29”: basicExpression has encountered a divide by zero. Result is unpredictable. //
// Warning: “multiplyDivide31”: basicExpression has encountered a divide by zero. Result is unpredictable. //

should I reinstall mgear and see if thats the issue ? i did not want to do that thinking that could also broke the rig and starting over will be a lot of time. im guessing since is happening in all the files is related with some initial mgear configuration

would appreciate any help

Ty

EDIT> ok , uninstalling and reinstalling mgear solved it, but still have the doubt if windows is deleting a file that I should add as an exception or something.

1 Like

It’s the plugins for mGear. They must have somehow disappeared. I doubt Windows is deleting them. But maybe you have some other computer-cleaning software?

You’ll find those plugin files somewhere in your Maya “plug-ins” folder. (Depending how you installed mGear.)

screenshot_2023-08-11_09-18-44

The meshes aren’t hidden. They are likely collapsed down to a single point at the origin. If you turned off the skinCluster, you’d likely see it “grow” back. When the plugins are missing, all the rig transforms stop working.

2 Likes

yes not sure what could have been but will keep an eye. ty very much for following up ! :smiley: