Home Website Youtube GitHub

mGear 2.5.24 with Maya 2015

Hi!!
I’ve made a research and I didn’t find a solution for that.
I was testing the latest version with maya 2015 and when I try to build, even a simple arm or a single limb, a receive an error:

GEAR version : 2.5.24

= SHIFTER RIG SYSTEM ==============================================

= GUIDE VALIDATION ==============================================
Checking guide
Get options
Get controllers
Get components
arm_C0 (arm_2jnt_01)
Find recursive in [ 0:00:00.080000 ]
Get parenting for: arm_C0
Guide loaded from hierarchy in [ 0:00:00.085000 ]

= BUILDING RIG ==============================================
Initial Hierarchy

Error:

So I’ve tried to import the biped guides and I receive those errors:

Error: file: C:/Users/giovannis/Documents/maya/2015-x64/modules/scripts/mgear/maya/shifter/component/_templates/biped_guide.ma line 5: Unknown Maya file version: 2016R2.

Error: file: C:/Users/giovannis/Documents/maya/2015-x64/modules/scripts/mgear/maya/shifter/component/_templates/biped_guide.ma line 14: Invalid flag ‘-uid’

For the second one there’s a bunch of them, it seems the MEL version of maya 2015 doesn’t have the -uid flag, any clue on how to solve this?

Thanks a lot!

Giovanni

I’m running mGear in 2015 and also get those messages, but they haven’t stopped the build.

Do they prevent or break the build, or are they just warnings/messages?

They stop the building, it creates just the rig group and the global control and stops there

Hi @Giovanni the log error in the previous post is complete? Do you have more messages?

Hi @Miquel unfortunately that’s all I get. It’s only on the shifter side though, it seems all the other functions are working

@Giovanni Oh! Is hard to tell from where is coming the issue with only this info :stuck_out_tongue:
maybe … can you record a little video of your screen to see the process?