Home Website Youtube GitHub

Mgear 3.6.0 installation issues!

Hey there,

I’m trying to install mgear 3.6.0 for maya 2020 and have tried everything I can think of.
What I have tried:

Extracting the release folder into my C:\Users\username\Documents\maya\modules

Didn’t work.

Created a MAYA_MODULE_PATH in my environment settings, with the variable of, C:\Users\username\Documents\maya\modules

Didn’t work

Went into my Maya/2020/Maya.env. Created a MAYA_MODULE_PATH = C:\Users\username\Documents\maya\modules

Still didn’t work. What else can I try? Thanks for any help!

Hi @gwall There is a slight mistake in each option. (the installation instructions could perhaps be more specific!)

(And just to make sure, you only have to choose one of these options. If you move the files into /modules, you don’t need the environment variable.)

OPTION 1:

Move everything that is underneath release into the modules folder.

drag_mgear_files

OPTION 2:

Created a MAYA_MODULE_PATH in my environment settings, with the variable of, C:\Users\username\Documents\maya\modules

You do not need to declare your maya/modules folder. Maya already looks there. The point of this env var is to declare an alternative module folder.

Point your MAYA_MODULE_PATH to the release folder. The release folder contains the module. I don’t think it can find it if it is nested in a lower directory.

My example:
MAYA_MODULE_PATH = /production/mGear/tools/mgear_3.6.0/release

1 Like

Hey Chris,
Thanks for the help, I didn’t know about the exact extract files that were needed. However neither option worked. I cleared all env maya paths(MAYA_APP_DIR, MAYA_MODULE_PATH), tried option 1 nothing.

Then tried extracting the files to a separate area outside the modules, then set that path in a MAYA_MODULE_PATH, only having that path as the single variable.

I’m not sure why it’s so difficult to install, at this point, I think it must be something wrong with how my maya is installed or something.

I need to get mgear installed very soon, and have been going back and forth for about 2 weeks now. Is there any one at mgear that would be able to check my case out?

@gwall sent you a PM. (in case messages don’t send you an alert.) Maybe we can meet over Zoom.

1 Like