Home Website Youtube GitHub

mGear customSteps

Hi Team, can any of you help me will all the coustomSteps codes as we are trying to create entire rigging pipeline with mgear. Thanks in advance

Please donā€™t ping people directly.

I think youā€™ll have to ask more specific questions than that if youā€™d like help.

Where exactly are you stuck?

Dear Chris,
Iā€™m deeply grateful for your prompt response and Your contributions to our industry. Itā€™s an honor to connect with you. Iā€™m currently developing a rigging pipeline and would greatly appreciate your guidance on a few aspects. Iā€™ve made progress on importing and exporting guides and skin, but Iā€™m struggling to find resources on how to achieve this for controllers _org groups, and corrective blendShapes. If youā€™re aware of any published code or tutorials, I would be incredibly thankful if you could share them with me. Additionally, Iā€™m fascinated by the concept of same attributes taking values from different controllers like Ik/Fk blend, roll etc,etc and operating instance-ly. If you could shed some light on this topic how this woks, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.
for your reference I am attaching a snapshot of the tool I am developing.Screenshot from 2024-07-25 13-54-13

1 Like

And also when I am exporting and import guide with below code all the modules getting out of its hierarchy (all the roots are getting unparented ) for your reference I am attaching the img and the code I am using to import and export the guide
code
import maya.cmds as cmds
import mgear.shifter.io as io

path=[ā€˜dir/myGuid.sgtā€™]

def exportGuide():
cmds.select(ā€˜guideā€™)
template = io.export_guide_template(path)

def impGuide():
if cmds.objExists(ā€˜guideā€™):
cmds.select(cmds.delete(ā€˜guideā€™))
io.import_guide_template(path)

This is called ā€œproxy attributesā€. You can turn that on in your main guide settings. However, I donā€™t recommend it. In previous versions of Maya proxy attributes caused a lot of bugs and crashes. And when you use them they cause a lot of messy noise to appear in the graph editor. (Some of these issues may have been fixed since Maya 2023/2024. I donā€™t know. I never use them.)

1. You can format code in the forum by putting it between triple backticks:
```
Your code here
```
  1. You still have your rig in the scene. So all of those guides that have the name *_root have name clashes with nodes that are in your rig. You probably have warnings or errors in your script editor that you need to read. I bet the import is not successfully completing. (I donā€™t import and export guides procedurally, so Iā€™m not sure. That is likely a bug that could be fixed in mGear by using long/unique names.)

For all your other points, I donā€™t personally have easy answers for you.

When you say corrective blendshapes, do you actually mean blendshapes, or the RBF manager?

1 Like