Home Website Youtube GitHub

Mgear Don"t show up

Hi, i know there is a lot of previous post about mgear menu not showing up but i try everything in previous post, and no success.

I was on Maya 2023 everything work fine but i needed to update to maya 2023.3 and mgear was no longer in the top menu,

during multiply test, the weird thing is with the drag and drop installation, i had one success and mgear was working again but as soon as i close maya and reopen, mgear was no longer here and back to zero with no mgear menu,

i have pymel installed and i think all the stuff around python works fine

really don"t know what to do now
thks for helping.

1 Like

I think when you install Maya it gets the latest pymel version and there is something that maybe breaks the menu loading.
I am researching it because found the same issue in a fresh installation.
Do you get any error in the script log?

Getting the same deal with a fresh install as well. Installation completes, menu appears fine but on closing Maya & re-opening it disappeared. Set to both loaded & autoload in plug-in manager, pymel installed etc.

Only error I’m getting is:

// Error: RuntimeError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2023\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\internal\pmcmds.py line 217: deleteUI: Object ‘mGear’ not found.

1 Like

i got this error when the plug in is loaded in the plug in manager :

PermissionError: [WinError 5] Accès refusÊ: 'C:\\Users\\bekht\\Documents\\maya\\modules\\platforms\\2023\\windows\\x64\\plug-ins\\cvwrap.mll'
# Error: invalid syntax
# # Traceback (most recent call last):
# #   File "<maya console>", line 1, in <module>
# #   File "C:\Users\bekht\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\cvwrap\menu.py", line 68
# #     print result
# #           ^
# # SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print(result)?
# Error: name 'cvwrap' is not defined
# # Traceback (most recent call last):
# #   File "<maya console>", line 1, in <module>
# # NameError: name 'cvwrap' is not defined

and this one when i turn of the plug in and try to uninstall and install again with the drag and drop file :

Installation Complete
// Error: deleteUI: Object 'mGear' not found.
// # Traceback (most recent call last):
// #   File "C:/Users/bekht/Documents/maya/modules/scripts/userSetup.py", line 25, in mGear_menu_loader
// #     mgear.install()
// #   File "C:\Users\bekht\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\__init__.py", line 35, in install
// #     self.menu_id = menu.create()
// #   File "C:\Users\bekht\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\menu.py", line 19, in create
// #     pm.deleteUI(menuId)
// #   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2023\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\internal\pmcmds.py", line 217, in deleteUI_wrapped
// #     res = new_cmd(*new_args, **new_kwargs)
// # RuntimeError: deleteUI: Object 'mGear' not found.

Hi I also experience the same problem in a fresh installation of Maya 2023.3. The mgear menu appears during installation,old rigs work fine, but mgear menu disappears on reopening.

I think the issue is fixed now, but not yet release. If you need it now, you can grab the WIP version directly from github

4 Likes

Thanks @Miquel !!
My colleague installed the latest Maya 2023.3 and was running into the same error @AlexW mentioned above.

Getting the latest version off github and re-installing mGear got his menu to finally show up.

2 Likes

yeah same, it’s working again , THANK YOU

Has this been fixed in release now? Still having the same version with release 4.0.9. Where would I find the WIP version ?

Thanks

Alex

Maybe related to this?

1 Like