Home Website Youtube GitHub

Mgear maya 2019 mac support release date?

I tried to use a free spider-verse rig using the mgear rigging tool. since i’m a mac user, i found the most recent (3.2.0) version only supports until 2018 for mac that is. I would love to use this spider-verse rig but can’t as of now. Does anyone using a mac find the same issues or does anyone know when it will be available for mac users on maya 2019?

ps. i tried to install mgear, but the controllers on the spider verse rig do not follow the model.

Hi @liamoohay
Sadly I don’t have a Mac to compile the solvers, but maybe other user in the forum can share it, if they have it.

@chrislesage By any chance, do you have the solvers for Maya 2019 OSX ?

Hey @Miquel, I have a Mac, and I have XCode. I’ve never compiled anything for Maya. I looked in the source code download for mGear, but all the plugin folders were empty, and that’s where I gave up. I do know the code is in the Github repo. But I’m not sure if there are any already preconfigured make files I should use. I know from the Maya docs that there are 2 basic ways to compile (XCode and makefiles) but I don’t know which to choose, or if it matters.

<-- super beginner with compiling.

Do you have any instructions? I can compile them this week, if someone can guide me.

Hi @chrislesage

we have the instruction using scons here: https://github.com/mgear-dev/mgear_dist/blob/master/BUILD.md

But let me check with other users. I think someone must have it ready. If I get it I will include it with the next release.

Thanks

EDIT: Lior was testing with Maya 2019 OSX and posted the solvers here: https://github.com/mgear-dev/mgear_dist/issues/29

But please read all the issue comments. There is some issues. Maybe already solved with the latest Maya 2019.2
If you have the chance to test it please let us know if the issue still there . Thanks!

EDIT: I did a copy of the solvers in my dropbox, just in case: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfgi53qbb413dgm/2019-osx-plug-ins.zip?dl=0

1 Like

thanks! :slight_smile: love u guys!

Sorry to jump in here, but is Maya 2019 PC supported? Seems like it’s just Mac that didn’t had the solvers compiled for 2019?

@Jose_Antonio_Martin I haven’t tested 2019, but there seem to be Windows 2019 plug-ins in the 3.2.0 release.

Just checked, thanks!

Hi Miquel,

I tried building on Mac Mojave with scons and got
scons: Building targets …
[ mgear_solvers / 5% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/trigonometryAngle.cpp …
In file included from plugins/mgear_solvers/src/trigonometryAngle.cpp:33:
plugins/mgear_solvers/src/mgear_solvers.h:62:10: fatal error: ‘maya/MGlobal.h’ file not found
#include <maya/MGlobal.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The file exists at /Applications/Autodesk/maya2019/include/maya
I added /Applications/Autodesk/maya2019/include to the $PATH.

I maybe wrong but if can’t find the maya/MGlobal.h looks like your installation doesnt have the Maya dev kit or is not properly configured

Just to document the steps so far:

I got and followed the mGear build instructions at: https://github.com/mgear-dev/mgear_dist/blob/master/BUILD.md

Then I got the " ‘maya/MGlobal.h’ file not found" error.

So I installed the Maya Developer Kit by following the instructions at:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2019/ENU/?guid=Maya_SDK_MERGED_Setting_up_your_build_Mac_OS_X_environment_html

Per these instructions I dlownloaded the dev kit from the bottom of the page at:

I chose the “Maya 2019 Update 2 macOS DevKit” download link.

I edited the Maya.env and set the environment variables with the exports commands as directed.

I then ran scons with:

scons with-maya=2019 with-mayadevkit=$DEVKIT_LOCATION

(note: scons man page is https://scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-man.html
I downloaded scons from: https://sourceforge.net/projects/scons/, and installed it with:
cd scons-1.2.0
python setup.py install
)

Once scons finished building I noted that there is a /release folder with mGear.mod.
I then added the path to this in Maya.env with:
MAYA_MODULE_PATH=C:\Users<user>\Desktop\mgear_3.2.0\release

Then re-starting Maya I see the mGear listed under the top Maya menu titled “Workspace”. So far so good, but haven’t tried loading my model with rig yet.

What follows is the output from the build:

scons with-maya=2019 with-mayadevkit=$DEVKIT_LOCATION
scons: Reading SConscript files …
[excons] Read excons.cache: /Users/bhart/Desktop/mgear_dist/excons.cache
[excons] with-mayadevkit = 2019
[excons] with-maya = 2019
[excons] Install ‘colorama’ python module for colored output (‘pip install colorama’).
[excons][maya] Ignoring MAYA_LOCATION environment.
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets …
[ mgear_solvers / 5% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/trigonometryAngle.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 10% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/linearInterpolate3DvectorNode.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 15% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/springNode.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 20% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/utils.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 25% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/percentageToU.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 30% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/mulMatrix.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 35% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/uToPercentage.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 40% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/add10scalarNode.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 45% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/spinePointAt.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 50% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/ikfk2Bone.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 55% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/rayCastPosition.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 60% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/squashStretch2.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 65% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/register.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 70% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/inverseRotOrder.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 75% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/slideCurve2.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 80% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/vertexPosition.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 85% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/rollSplineKine.cpp …
plugins/mgear_solvers/src/rollSplineKine.cpp:185:12: warning: comparison of integers of different signs: ‘int’ and
‘unsigned int’ [-Wsign-compare]
if (count != adh.elementCount())
~~~~~ ^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
plugins/mgear_solvers/src/rollSplineKine.cpp:194:12: warning: comparison of integers of different signs: ‘int’ and
‘unsigned int’ [-Wsign-compare]
if (count != adh.elementCount())
~~~~~ ^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 warnings generated.
[ mgear_solvers / 90% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/curveCns.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 95% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/mgear_solvers/src/interpolateMatrix.cpp …
[ mgear_solvers / 100% ] Linking release/platforms/2019/osx/x64/plug-ins/mgear_solvers.bundle …
ld: warning: directory not found for option ‘-Lrelease/lib’
[ cvwrap / 16% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/cvwrap/src/common.cpp …
[ cvwrap / 33% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/cvwrap/src/cvWrapCmd.cpp …
plugins/cvwrap/src/cvWrapCmd.cpp:68:7: warning: field ‘radius_’ will be initialized after field ‘name_’ [-Wreorder]
: radius_(0.1),
^
plugins/cvwrap/src/cvWrapCmd.cpp:378:27: warning: ‘findPlug’ is deprecated: Use the MFnDependencyNode::findPlug( const
MString&, bool, MStatus* ) method instead. [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
MPlug plug = fnBindMesh.findPlug(“visibility”, &status);
^
/Users/bhart/Desktop/devkitBase/include/maya/MFnDependencyNode.h:114:5: note: ‘findPlug’ has been explicitly marked deprecated
here
OPENMAYA_DEPRECATED(2019, “Use the MFnDependencyNode::findPlug( const MString&, bool, MStatus* ) method instead.”)
^
/Users/bhart/Desktop/devkitBase/include/maya/MDeprecate.h:167:50: note: expanded from macro ‘OPENMAYA_DEPRECATED’
#define OPENMAYA_DEPRECATED(version, message) [[deprecated(message)]]
^
plugins/cvwrap/src/cvWrapCmd.cpp:28:13: warning: unused variable ‘kWrapFileVersion’ [-Wunused-const-variable]
const float kWrapFileVersion = 1.0f;
^
3 warnings generated.
[ cvwrap / 50% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/cvwrap/src/cvWrapDeformer.cpp …
plugins/cvwrap/src/cvWrapDeformer.cpp:704:93: warning: unused parameter ‘plug’ [-Wunused-parameter]
MStatus CVWrapGPU::EnqueueDriverData(MDataBlock& data, const MEvaluationNode&, const MPlug& plug) {
^
1 warning generated.
[ cvwrap / 66% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/cvwrap/src/pluginMain.cpp …
[ cvwrap / 83% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/cvwrap/src/bindingio.cpp …
Install file: “plugins/cvwrap/scripts/AEcvWrapTemplate.mel” as “release/scripts/AEcvWrapTemplate.mel”
Install file: “plugins/cvwrap/scripts/cvwrap/bindui.py” as “release/scripts/cvwrap/bindui.py”
Install file: “plugins/cvwrap/scripts/cvwrap/init.py” as “release/scripts/cvwrap/init.py”
Install file: “plugins/cvwrap/scripts/cvwrap/menu.py” as “release/scripts/cvwrap/menu.py”
[ cvwrap / 100% ] Linking release/platforms/2019/osx/x64/plug-ins/cvwrap.bundle …
[ grim_IK / 33% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/grim_IK/plugin_main.cpp …
[ grim_IK / 66% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/grim_IK/grim_vik.cpp …
plugins/grim_IK/grim_vik.cpp:159:53: warning: ‘translation’ is deprecated: Use MTransformationMatrix::getTranslation method
instead. [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
MPoint rootPos = MTransformationMatrix(rootMatrix).translation(MSpace::kTransform);
^
/Users/bhart/Desktop/devkitBase/include/maya/MTransformationMatrix.h:228:2: note: ‘translation’ has been explicitly marked
deprecated here
OPENMAYA_DEPRECATED(2019, “Use MTransformationMatrix::getTranslation method instead.”)
^
/Users/bhart/Desktop/devkitBase/include/maya/MDeprecate.h:167:50: note: expanded from macro ‘OPENMAYA_DEPRECATED’
^
plugins/grim_IK/grim_vik.cpp:161:33: warning: ‘translation’ is deprecated: Use MTransformationMatrix::getTranslation method
MPoint goalPos = mt_goalMatrix.translation(MSpace::kTransform);
^
/Users/bhart/Desktop/devkitBase/include/maya/MTransformationMatrix.h:228:2: note: ‘translation’ has been explicitly marked
deprecated here
OPENMAYA_DEPRECATED(2019, “Use MTransformationMatrix::getTranslation method instead.”)
^
^
plugins/grim_IK/grim_vik.cpp:163:33: warning: ‘translation’ is deprecated: Use MTransformationMatrix::getTranslation method
MPoint polePos = mt_poleMatrix.translation(MSpace::kTransform);
^
deprecated here
^
^
plugins/grim_IK/grim_vik.cpp:175:43: warning: ‘translation’ is deprecated: Use MTransformationMatrix::getTranslation method
fk_pose.position[index] = mt_mat.translation(MSpace::kTransform);
^
deprecated here
^
^
4 warnings generated.
[ grim_IK / 100% ] Linking release/platforms/2019/osx/x64/plug-ins/grim_IK.bundle …
[ maya-math-nodes / 50% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Plugin.cpp …
In file included from plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Plugin.cpp:5:
In file included from plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Absolute.h:5:
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Utils.h:719:23: warning: ‘MArrayDataBuilder’ is deprecated: Use the other constructor instead.
[-Wdeprecated-declarations]
MArrayDataBuilder builder(attribute, unsigned(values.size()));
^
/Users/bhart/Desktop/devkitBase/include/maya/MArrayDataBuilder.h:45:5: note: ‘MArrayDataBuilder’ has been explicitly marked
deprecated here
OPENMAYA_DEPRECATED(2019, “Use the other constructor instead.”)
^
^
In file included from plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Plugin.cpp:8:
In file included from plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Clamp.h:8:
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/MinMax.h:83:9: warning: unknown pragma ignored [-Wunknown-pragmas]
#pragma ide diagnostic ignored “TemplateArgumentsIssues”
^
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Utils.h:719:23: warning: ‘MArrayDataBuilder’ is deprecated: Use the other constructor instead.
^
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Array.h:568:13: note: in instantiation of function template specialization ‘setAttribute’
requested here
setAttribute(dataBlock, outputAttr_, TFuncPtr(inputValue));
^
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Utils.h:804:58: note: in instantiation of member function ‘ArrayMapOpNode<double, NormalizeArray,
&nameNormalizeArray, &normalize>::compute’ requested here
-> void* { return new TClass(); },
^
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Plugin.cpp:157:21: note: in instantiation of member function ‘BaseNode<NormalizeArray,
&nameNormalizeArray>::registerNode’ requested here
NormalizeArray::registerNode(pluginFn, typeId++);
^
/Users/bhart/Desktop/devkitBase/include/maya/MArrayDataBuilder.h:45:5: note: ‘MArrayDataBuilder’ has been explicitly marked
deprecated here
^
^
^
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Condition.h:225:13: note: in instantiation of function template specialization
‘setAttributeAutodesk::Maya::OpenMaya20190000::MAngle’ requested here
setAttribute(dataBlock, outputAttr_, conditionValue ? input2Value : input1Value);
^
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Utils.h:804:58: note: in instantiation of member function
‘SelectArrayNode<Autodesk::Maya::OpenMaya20190000::MAngle, SelectAngleArray, &nameSelectAngleArray>::compute’ requested
here
^
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Plugin.cpp:160:23: note: in instantiation of member function ‘BaseNode<SelectAngleArray,
&nameSelectAngleArray>::registerNode’ requested here
SelectAngleArray::registerNode(pluginFn, typeId++);
^
deprecated here
^
^
^
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Condition.h:225:13: note: in instantiation of function template specialization ‘setAttribute’
requested here
setAttribute(dataBlock, outputAttr_, conditionValue ? input2Value : input1Value);
^
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Utils.h:804:58: note: in instantiation of member function ‘SelectArrayNode<int, SelectIntArray,
&nameSelectIntArray>::compute’ requested here
^
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Plugin.cpp:161:21: note: in instantiation of member function ‘BaseNode<SelectIntArray,
&nameSelectIntArray>::registerNode’ requested here
SelectIntArray::registerNode(pluginFn, typeId++);
^
deprecated here
^
^
^
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Condition.h:225:13: note: in instantiation of function template specialization
‘setAttributeAutodesk::Maya::OpenMaya20190000::MMatrix’ requested here
^
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Utils.h:804:58: note: in instantiation of member function
‘SelectArrayNode<Autodesk::Maya::OpenMaya20190000::MMatrix, SelectMatrixArray, &nameSelectMatrixArray>::compute’
requested here
^
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Plugin.cpp:162:24: note: in instantiation of member function ‘BaseNode<SelectMatrixArray,
&nameSelectMatrixArray>::registerNode’ requested here
SelectMatrixArray::registerNode(pluginFn, typeId++);
^
deprecated here
^
^
^
‘setAttributeAutodesk::Maya::OpenMaya20190000::MVector’ requested here
^
‘SelectArrayNode<Autodesk::Maya::OpenMaya20190000::MVector, SelectVectorArray, &nameSelectVectorArray>::compute’
requested here
^
plugins/maya-math-nodes/src/Plugin.cpp:163:24: note: in instantiation of member function ‘BaseNode<SelectVectorArray,
&nameSelectVectorArray>::registerNode’ requested here
SelectVectorArray::registerNode(pluginFn, typeId++);
^
deprecated here
^
^
7 warnings generated.
[ maya-math-nodes / 100% ] Linking release/platforms/2019/osx/x64/plug-ins/maya-math-nodes.bundle …
[ weightDriver / 25% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/weightDriver/source/weightDriver.cpp …
In file included from plugins/weightDriver/source/weightDriver.cpp:10:
plugins/weightDriver/source/weightDriver.h:293:44: warning: unused parameter ‘objPath’ [-Wunused-parameter]
virtual bool isBounded(const MDagPath &objPath,
^
plugins/weightDriver/source/weightDriver.h:294:44: warning: unused parameter ‘cameraPath’ [-Wunused-parameter]
const MDagPath &cameraPath) const { return true; };
^
plugins/weightDriver/source/weightDriver.cpp:2792:64: warning: unused parameter ‘cameraPath’ [-Wunused-parameter]
const MDagPath &cameraPath) const
^
plugins/weightDriver/source/weightDriver.cpp:2817:81: warning: unused parameter ‘frameContext’ [-Wunused-parameter]
const MHWRender::MFrameContext &frameContext,
^
plugins/weightDriver/source/weightDriver.cpp:2916:75: warning: unused parameter ‘frameContext’ [-Wunused-parameter]
const MHWRender::MFrameContext &frameContext,
^
plugins/weightDriver/source/weightDriver.cpp:3266:64: warning: unused parameter ‘context’ [-Wunused-parameter]
void weightDriverOverride::draw(const MHWRender::MDrawContext &context, const MUserData *data)
^
plugins/weightDriver/source/weightDriver.cpp:3266:90: warning: unused parameter ‘data’ [-Wunused-parameter]
void weightDriverOverride::draw(const MHWRender::MDrawContext &context, const MUserData *data)
^
7 warnings generated.
[ weightDriver / 50% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/weightDriver/source/pluginMain.cpp …
In file included from plugins/weightDriver/source/pluginMain.cpp:16:
plugins/weightDriver/source/weightDriver.h:293:44: warning: unused parameter ‘objPath’ [-Wunused-parameter]
virtual bool isBounded(const MDagPath &objPath,
^
plugins/weightDriver/source/weightDriver.h:294:44: warning: unused parameter ‘cameraPath’ [-Wunused-parameter]
const MDagPath &cameraPath) const { return true; };
^
2 warnings generated.
[ weightDriver / 75% ] Compiling (shared) plugins/weightDriver/source/BRMatrix.cpp …
Install file: “plugins/weightDriver/modules/weightDriver/scripts/weightDriverUpdateEvaluation.mel” as “release/scripts/weightDriverUpdateEvaluation.mel”
Install file: “plugins/weightDriver/modules/weightDriver/scripts/AEweightDriverTemplate.mel” as “release/scripts/AEweightDriverTemplate.mel”
Install file: “plugins/weightDriver/modules/weightDriver/scripts/weightDriverEditRBF.mel” as “release/scripts/weightDriverEditRBF.mel”
[ weightDriver / 100% ] Linking release/platforms/2019/osx/x64/plug-ins/weightDriver.bundle …
scons: done building targets.

Here is a link to the Mac version of mGear I built: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1210paRoo2bpp7dpZstKqMQBvJhGXkLDx/view?usp=sharing