Home Website Youtube GitHub

Mirror Behaviour L and R breaks Game Tools

When I export a rig with mirror behaviour L and R turned on (using control_01ā€™s) and then import and connect in a fresh scene, two rigs are built (one seems to be saved to the model file) but when I am working with a full character this distorts geo and destroys the character. I also noticed that when I duplicate symmetrically, the R side that is made then has double transforms from the root controller.

I was wondering how to add the mirror L and R functionality so that I can use the game tools to export a rig and model file that is not broken, without having to go into the model file and deleting rig information

Hi @BWal,

I did log this ticket just a few hours ago :wink: https://github.com/mgear-dev/shifter/issues/59

Will be fixed in the next release

Thanks for the feedback!
Miquel

that was good timing then hah, Cheers.

@BWal the ticket is done! :wink:

1 Like

Hello! It appears that mirror behaviour on control_01 still breaks game tools import and connect functionality just as @BWal noted. Iā€™m on 3.2 version though. Thank you for your time!

1 Like

@Angelos_Roditakis Thanks for the heads up. I have to review the game tools. Also the facial riggers have issues with this export/import in game tools

2 Likes

No worries! Keep up the great work!