Home Website Youtube GitHub

Mocap - Bake to Rig - Euler/Gimbal lock? Over rotation?

I followed the mocap rig YouTube tut/example and after baking had some funny rotations happening on the rig… any ideas how to fix or prevent?

Maybe try running the euler filter on the joints, in the graph editor?

Thanks for the response! Is the animation is only supposed to be baked to the rig? It’s not the joints is it? That being said, after baking I can see the curves on both IK and FK and clear breaks where things jump 180 degrees or so. The Euler Filter runs on the entire curve not just selection of the curve, and it got even wackier when I ran it.

I’ve had to take a step back to fixing blendshapes before moving back to mocap retargeting; but if this issue continues I’ll be back with more screenshots and gifs to try and get to the bottom of it.

(edited for phrasing)

• Green = mGear Biped Template
  • White = mGear Characterized Mocap Biped

Working on skinning/blendshapes and noticed this…

There seems to be a discrepancy in the characterized biped vs. the biped template?
It’s causing weird artifacts when wrists bend? Perhaps this is the issue?

Hello @Totheroo

We need to check on that. The last time I tried it was working correctly. But to be honest, has been a long time since the last time I use it.
Just to confirm the biped template has any modification?

That’s correct. The Biped template is unmodified.

The funky wrist/carpals/metacarpels are back! It’s weird they start out fine in the T-Pose and first frame of the animation; but get gnarly quickly…

I’m happy to send whatever I can to help diagnose the issue.

Thanks for your help!

====================================================================

Hello,
I am on a short holiday until Thursday, I will check this ASAP

If I remember correctly, please change the wrist ikrot setting. Maybe not.