Home Website Youtube GitHub

NewFeature: Gimmick SetupTool in rigbits

Hello, I’ve recently submitted a pull request for adding a new tool in the Rigbits that sets up gimmick joints easily. We have already had a Gimmick Joints menu to generate blend or support joints. but they can’t be regenerated with a new build rig. because of the lack of stored information. like its parent target, its side, and its gimmick type. This tool is designed to import/export them as a JSON file and include other utility stuff. Could you test it out if you have time? :blush:

Thanks,

Here are the features of this tool.

• Create gimmick joints
    This feature allows you to generate “gimmick joints,” which can be either blend or support joints. These joints come with stored information in an extra attribute, enhancing their functionality and utility in your rig.

• Mirror gimmick joints (L → R).
    With this tool, you can easily mirror existing gimmick joints from the left side to the right side.
    This simplifies the process of ensuring symmetry in your rig.

• Select gimmick joints by side.
    You have the option to select gimmick joints based on their side (left, right, or center).
    This feature helps you work on specific sides of the rig more efficiently.

• Delete gimmick joints by side.

• Import / Export gimmick joints in a JSON file
    You can import and export your gimmick joints in a JSON file format.
    This feature facilitates easy sharing and backing up of your rig setups, or call in customStep scripts

To access this tool, you can find it conveniently located under the “Gimmick Joints” submenu within the “Rigbits” menu.

5 Likes

@Miquel tested the tool and found some bugs so I need to fix them.
I will let you know once everything is ready.

Here is a ticket he created for the bugs.

2 Likes

Hi, Just let you know I’ve submitted another pull request for all bugs fixed, and new features added.
We’re getting close to releasing this tool for everyone’s use.

• Fixed the bug that mirroring blend joints in default biped is not working
  • Fixed the bug that if click mirror with a regular joint selected will break the joint structure connection
  • Changed the .json extension to .gst
  • Changed the joint color to yellow which is the original color of the gimmick joint
  • Added a new feature to flip the support joint by 180 degrees
  • Refactored the codebase
  • Added undo decorator to each function
  • Fixed a bug that launching a window creates another window
  • Removed three radio buttons for the side of the gimmick creation.
  • Implemented error handling
  • Retrieved guide data from a rig node instead of a guide node

3 Likes