Home Website Youtube GitHub

OFFICIAL Installation Support/Help 💻

OFFICIAL Installation Support/Help :slight_smile: :computer:

Latest Release: https://github.com/mgear-dev/mgear_dist/releases

mGear 3.7.11 added initial compatibility with Maya 2022. Here are the requirements:

• Maya 2018, 2019, 2020 is supported on Windows, Linux and MacOS.
  • Maya 2022 is only supported for Windows 10 for mGear 3.7.11
  • Maya 2022 is supported on all platforms in mGear 4.0.3 and higher.
  • Maya need to be started in Python 2 mode: More info in the official Maya documentation Help
2 Likes
# Error: NameError: file C:/Users/LG/Downloads/Rigging do homen aranha/plugin\drag_n_drop_install.py line 40: name 'long' is not defined

Hello @Robson_Henrique
can I know your Maya version? for the error, I am guessing it is Maya 2022 with python 3, correct?

Вот мое решение: Я решил данный вопрос: в Maya.env прописать: MAYA_MODULE_PATH = C:\Users****\Documents\maya\modules\mgear_3.7.11\release и еще в ярлыке в поле Объект добавил надпись -pythonver 2 и вот так в конце получается: “…Maya2022\bin\maya.exe” -pythonver 2

3 Likes

это помогло спасибо, но все равно потом возникли проблемы с экспортом\импортом скина, перешел на 2020 майю

Если у вас винда на кириллице, меняйте ее на латиницу. Майка нормально работает только с латиницей в путях к файлам.

1 Like

Hi! I am trying to install mGear. I can see where to download the .zip file (under the “Assets” section) on the website ( Releases · mgear-dev/mgear4 · GitHub ) and I’ve downloaded the .zip file. However, I don’t know what to do with the .zip now that I have it!

Do I unzip the file? Do I drag and drop the .zip file to some place within my computer’s file system (I see a drag_n_drop file)? Do I do something with the .zip while in MAYA? just looking for some direction. Thank you!

I FIGURED IT OUT! Hours of effort for this thing. Extract the .zip file you download from the website listed in the topic posted above.

There is a “drag_n_drop” file. LITERALLY . Drag and drop that file over the Maya viewport. The installation will begin.

why does no one explain these things? where was this written? GAH! Why did it take me this long to google “install mGear Maya”? I couldn’t tell you. But that’s the solution.

Official forum support: OFFICIAL Installation Support/Help 💻
Installation help video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNqChZoVGPY
mGear requires pymel to run, which isn’t installed by default as of Maya 2024. The instructions to install it can be found here. You will need to restart any open Maya sessions for this to take effect in them: Help

Here’s how to install mGear:

1. Go to github, click the “code” drop down menu button, and click “Download Zip”: https://github.com/mgear-dev/mgear4
  2. Find the file in your downloads folder and unzip it
  3. Go into the unzipped folder, find the “drag_n_drop_install” file, and drag it into an empty Maya session. You should see this window pop up:
  4. Keep the install path at its default value and click “install”
  5. If any warnings pop up, accept them until the installation is complete
  6. Restart Maya for the mGear menu to pop up
1 Like