Home Website Youtube GitHub

Personalize the synoptic

Hi all,

I’m trying to go a bit further with the synoptic, I’m trying to personalize it a bit. I made my changes in the widget_color file with the Qt Creator software. I’ve compiled everything follow the mGear tutorial, but when I open it, the changes I did in the design of the synoptic are not there. Sure there is something I’m missing in the different script files but I cannot find which files I have to modify.

specifically, I was trying to personalize:

1. the background image - And I got no image.
  2. the colors of the buttons - and I got default colors again.
  3. the size of the window - and I got the same size and some of my buttons were outside of the window.

There is some way to make the changes I have in my widged.UI file work??

Thanks!

Hi @Damian ,

can you check if your compile file is widget.py or widget_color.py?

The color version is only for reference. The synoptic tap is looking for widget.py

Well, I will try it again, but at the moment I’m doing some tests and I’m compiling the Widget_Color.UI, but when I get the .py file I rename it, removing the _color sufix. So in theory it’s the same file, no? And of course I delete the old one. There is something wrong I’m doing?

Hi @Damian can you send me the synoptic files by email? I will check it :slight_smile:

Sure! You should have a mail from me, thanks! :grin:

@Damian I have it! I will check it ASAP

just to make followup here: if you need to change the BG image of the synoptic. keep the name background.bmp or update the image pointer in the init.py

the change in the widget.ui/py will not work.

1 Like