Home Website Youtube GitHub

RBF manager troubles

Hey there, I’ve been having troubles setting up the rbf manager for some shoulder rotation and I think I’ve narrowed down the problem… The shoulder joint is experiencing some gimbal lock and so when I key the values in the rbf manager it won’t interpolate correctly (the fixes are popping oddly inbetween the keys)

Is this due to the rotation order not being the same for the fk control and the joint? If that is the case I’ve been looking into editing the rotation order for the joint in the component code but that has opened up new problems so before I keep diving into that I’d like to get your guys’ opinion on what might be the issue.
I also tried the fix from this post but sadly did not fix the gimbal lock: Turn Off Upper Arm Roll for a cartoon character - #6 by randomdudeguy

Shoulder control rot order: xzy
Shoulder control rotation result:

Joint rot order: xyz
Heres the joint’s rotation result:

I’ve also considered creating a separate dummy joint (parented under the clavicle and aim constrained to the arm_L0_1_jnt) but that one is also experiencing gimbal lock so I’d appreciate some guidance in case gimbal lock isn’t even the issue lol.

Thanks