Home Website Youtube GitHub

Recommended UI editor

Hi all,

I have been making some small feature additions to a couple mGear components for my studio’s purposes. I’ve followed the convention for adding new build options to the components, but for now they exist only on the guide root node and have no UI connection. The component UIs seem to be built with Qt Designer which I’m having trouble finding now. I recall that Maya used to ship with a version bundled but that no longer seems to be the case. Any recommendations on how to get the right software for editing these .ui files?

1 Like

Hey there!

That is correct, Maya does not come with Designer anymore… Easiest method that I have found and use at the moment. I have the PySide2 virtual environment setup and installed using pip or one can go through their favorite IDE (PyCharm, Visual Studio Code, etc.) and then designer.exe will come with that package.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Jascha

2 Likes

Awesome, that worked perfectly. The last time I tried pip installing PySide2 it wasn’t working for me - perhaps I had the wrong version of something or other. Thanks Jascha!

1 Like

other option:

2 Likes