Home Website Youtube GitHub

Replacing elements Game Biped Template

I’m trying to edit the Game Biped template where I create the default template, unparent the limbs/ neck, etc. and delete the spine so I can use a different spine set up in the build.

I create an “IK spine” chain and reparent all of the limbs and such but when I build the rig, no joints are created and the limbs are not connected to the new spine.

Any thoughts?

Then you likely have some errors or warnings in the script editor. The build might not be finishing correctly. You should check there first.

If you changed the type of component, you might also need to change some of the space-switching values, so the other components are following items that actually exist.

And if it is building, are you sure there are no joints? Or do they potentially just have visibility turned off?

1 Like

Ah gotcha, I see the errors now
example:

Properties : arm_L0 (EPIC_arm_01)
// Warning: While connecting reference array clavicle_L0_tip was not found. This will be skipped. But you should check your guides configuration //
// Warning: While connecting reference array clavicle_L0_tip was not found. This will be skipped. But you should check your guides configuration //

It is definitely not creating any joints. (I double checked the outliner and ran the tool again on the default biped template and it worked)

I tried reassigning the the new spine C0_eff and C0_root to the arm, leg, and neck in the component settings but that did not work either.

Granted I am only slightly a technical artist so I don’t really know what I am doing besides the tutorials and help I find here and on yourtube :slight_smile:

The current game biped is really good and so far the tool has been very intuitive! I was just playing around with modifying the biped template. (Switching components and modifying the settings on others.)