Home Website Youtube GitHub

Reset bind pose Quad synoptic

Hi all,

I’m not sure if I’m using this feature in the quad synoptic correctly, but I would expect the entire rig to reset to the bind pose when I press the reset to bindpose button on the synoptic. Is this broken in 3.0.4? or am I just not using it right?

1 Like

Hi.
I’m experiencing the same issue (I think):

1. I open my rigged model, which is a quad with some additions (chanspring for the tail/ears, chain for the tongue, etc).

2. I open the synoptic and hit “select all” (works fine).

3. I click “Reset Bind Pose”, and this error arrises:

# Warning: Could not reach pose on spine_C0_ik0_ctl rotate. #
    # – Connection from spine_C0_ik0_ctl_rotateX to spine_C0_ik0_ctl.rotateX may need to be broken. #
    # – Connection from spine_C0_ik0_ctl_rotateY to spine_C0_ik0_ctl.rotateY may need to be broken. #
    # – Connection from spine_C0_ik0_ctl_rotateZ to spine_C0_ik0_ctl.rotateZ may need to be broken. #
    # To disable IK, constraints, and expressions, you can use the Modify->DisableNodes menu. #
    # Other connections can be broken using the Script Editor. #
    # Or, to reset the saved pose on a joint, select the joint and enter ‘dagPose -reset -name dagPose1’. #
    // pipeline.apps.pipeline_main : Uncaught exception
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “C:/Users/Yoel/Documents/maya/scripts\mgear\synoptic\widgets.py”, line 194, in mousePressEvent
    utils.bindPose(model)
    File “C:/Users/Yoel/Documents/maya/scripts\mgear\synoptic\utils.py”, line 977, in bindPose
    pm.dagPose(dagPoseName, restore=True)
    File “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2019\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\internal\factories.py”, line 957, in newFuncWithReturnFunc
    res = beforeReturnFunc(*args, **kwargs)
    File “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2019\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\internal\pmcmds.py”, line 134, in dagPose_wrapped
    res = new_cmd(*new_args, **new_kwargs)
    RuntimeError: Pose not achieved. See diagnostics in Script Editor.
    //

how make Reset bind pose anim picke ?