Home Website Youtube GitHub

Rig and scene breaking

Hi guys. I started getting errors and what seems to be corruption of the rig. Today I saved a scene, then opened it again a few minutes later. I get the below message in the script editor. The character (was doing a normal walk) starts twisting up on itself, and as the scene plays over and over the twisting becomes progressively worse. It’s not a work file that I can share unfortunately. We thought maybe it has something to do with referencing the file, but I don’t know why that should do this. I had this last week too, and it seems to be happening in multiple scenes now.

// Error: line 0: ‘spine_C0_ik1_ctl_rotate_spine.rotateOrder’ already has an incoming connection from ‘character.placeHolderList[20]’. //

I deleted the rest. 28 in total, then what seems to be hundreds of lines like the one below

// Warning: line 0: Cycle on ‘spine_C0_ik1_ctl_rotateOrder_spine.output’ may not evaluate as expected. (Use ‘cycleCheck -e off’ to disable this warning.) //

Ahh, try to execute this command in Mel, it solves a lot of issues in many rigs, specially in Maya 2017/2018 versions:

“cycleCheck -e off;”

Just copy this line into Mel and press enter (need to take out " " )

Hi Jose

Thanks, but it doesn’t seem to help at all unfortunately.

One of our animators has dug up some possible info on it. It seems it could be related to both referencing and layers:

uhhh, nasty bug, I see.
Yeah , never happened to me … yet.

But it’s good know

Good old Autodesk (not). Bugs that have been there for years,and still are in 2020r3