Home Website Youtube GitHub

SDK controls lose mirroring

Quick one I’ve noticed, the sdk_control loses the right click mirror functionality.

I’ve tried reapplying the mirror attribute in a post script (which works) but as soon as I save & close the scene the mirroring no longer works.

Thanks

Hi @tomflav

In which version of mGear? I fixed a bug on the mirror side of things on the right click menu on 3.5

@tomflav @Jerome
I have also encountered this problem recently using sdk_control. After saving, the file is opened again. The right-click mirror menu fails for the sdk control, and the mirror cannot be completed.

The feedback code received is:

# Warning: Flip/Mirror pose fail # 
# Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File "C:\Users\name\Documents\maya\scripts\mgear_3.5.1\scripts\mgear\core\anim_utils.py", line 976, in mirrorPose
#     try:
#   File "C:\Users\name\Documents\maya\scripts\mgear_3.5.1\scripts\mgear\core\anim_utils.py", line 1036, in gatherMirrorData
#     
#   File "C:\Users\name\Documents\maya\scripts\mgear_3.5.1\scripts\mgear\core\anim_utils.py", line 1092, in calculateMirrorData
#     flipVal = targetNode.attr(attrName).get()
# TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for *: 'NoneType' and 'int'
unsupported operand type(s) for *: 'NoneType' and 'int'

I modified the anim_utils.py file.

The red box is the original code, and the yellow box is the modified code.

Open the rig asset file with the sdk control again, and right-click the mirror menu to complete the mirror setting successfully.

This modification also applies to the wrong setting of rbf manager mirror.
RBF Solver Mirror Setup?

Maya version: 2018.4
mGear version: 3.5.1

2 Likes

maya 2018.6
we’re on mgear 3.4.0 but I also tested on 3.5.1 when I saw the mirror update

@fury_Night

Thanks for this! Appreciate it.