UpperBendMain_C2 (control_01)
Nose_C3 (control_01)
Nostril_R4 (control_01)
Nostril_L4 (control_01)
Ear_L0 (control_01)
Ear_R0 (control_01)
Object missing : UpperBendMain_C3_root
# Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File "C:\Users\Actor\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\guide_manager.py", line 62, in build_from_selection
#     rg.buildFromSelection()
#   File "C:\Users\Actor\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\__init__.py", line 200, in buildFromSelection
#     self.guide.setFromSelection()
#   File "C:\Users\Actor\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\guide.py", line 417, in setFromSelection
#     self.setFromHierarchy(node, node.hasAttr("ismodel"))
#   File "C:\Users\Actor\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\guide.py", line 457, in setFromHierarchy
#     self.findComponentRecursive(root, branch)
#   File "C:\Users\Actor\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\guide.py", line 638, in findComponentRecursive
#     self.findComponentRecursive(child)
#   File "C:\Users\Actor\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\guide.py", line 638, in findComponentRecursive
#     self.findComponentRecursive(child)
#   File "C:\Users\Actor\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\guide.py", line 628, in findComponentRecursive
#     comp_guide.setFromHierarchy(node)
#   File "C:\Users\Actor\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\component\guide.py", line 326, in setFromHierarchy
#     self.size = self.getSize()
#   File "C:\Users\Actor\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\component\guide.py", line 860, in getSize
#     d = vector.getDistance(self.pos["root"], pos)
# KeyError: 'root'

Maya 2020.4
Mgear 4.0.0

Any thoughts?

Tahnk you

I took the liberty of editing your post to have triple backticks, to format as code.

It looks like there is an object missing UpperBendMain_C3_root

I’m not sure if that missing object is the reason it gives the error. But that would be the first place I look. What component was expecting that node to exist?

Was this guide working before in another version of mGear? Or did you change something?

If it was working, and now it’s broken (without changing anything) are you able to share the guide for testing?

2 Likes

Hi Chris

Thank you

The guide was done with this Mgera version

If the object “UpperBendMain_C3_root” does not exist, why does Mgear keep looking for it?

i uploaded a short video to show everything better

Thanks

David

The sizeRef under LowerBendMain_C3_root is named UpperBendMain_C3_sizeRef.

I’m guessing you renamed something manually, instead of using the guide GUI. Or possibly when you changed a name, there was an error you missed, and the script failed to finish renaming everything.

Rename it to LowerBendMain_C3_sizeRef, and I assume things will work again.

2 Likes